Tyson® Simply Roasted chicken simplifies this sweet take on chicken salad that includes crunchy pecans and fresh, crisp fruit and veggies. Recipe inspired by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.
Nutty Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Total Fat11 g
- Cholesterol65 mg
- Sodium1220 mg
- Total Carbohydrate59 g
- Protein21 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
3/4 cup (6 ounces) Simply Roasted Chicken Breast Strips
1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup red seedless grapes, halved
1/4 cup apple, chopped
2 tablespoons celery, chopped
1-1/2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
4 slices light bread, honey-wheat flavor, if available
2 pieces lettuce, large leaves
- In a large bowl, mix mayo, garlic powder and salt.
- Add chicken and stir to coat. Add grapes, apple, celery and pecans. Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwich.
- To make each sandwich, lightly toast bread slices.
- Top one slice with a lettuce leaf, followed by half of the chicken salad (about 3/4 cup). Top with the remaining bread slice.
- Repeat to make second sandwich.