Sweet, citrusy orange and bourbon are combined and coated over chicken thighs for a savory twist on classic orange chicken.
Orange Bourbon Chicken Thighs
- Total Fat23 g
- Cholesterol75 mg
- Sodium410 mg
- Total Carbohydrate29 g
- Protein10 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons bourbon
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon garlic or clove minced
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
½ cup marmalade
⅛ cup stone ground mustard
¼ cup lemon juice
- Place skillet over burner without turning on the heat. Add olive oil and chicken stock and then frozen chicken, season with salt and pepper. Turn heat on medium high and cover pan with lid. Cook chicken turning occasionally for 20-25 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking measure out ingredients, zest orange, juice lemon and mince garlic.
- When chicken reaches internal temperature of 170°F, remove from pan and set aside, leaving liquid in pan.
- Turn heat to low and add garlic to cooking liquid and cook about 1 minute. Add the rest of the ingredients in order with lemon juice, butter, bourbon and cayenne last. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken back to pan and coat with sauce. Serve with a favorite side.