Your favorite Asian takeout, made at home in just 30 minutes. Cider vinegar and brown sugar adds a subtle tart and sweetness you wouldn’t normally get.
Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
- Total Fat15 g
- Cholesterol40 mg
- Sodium780 mg
- Total Carbohydrate28 g
- Protein21 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 pound Crispy Chicken Strips
1 orange, large, zest and 1/2 cup juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- Prepare Crispy Chicken Strips according to package directions. When cool enough to handle cut into 1" chunks. Set aside, keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange zest and juice with the cornstarch.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the scallion whites and cook, stirring until just tender, about 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, vinegar and sugar and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 30 seconds. Stir in the orange juice mixture and bring to a boil for about 15 seconds.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat. Top with scallion greens and serve hot.