The subtle taste of parmesan is just enough to enhance the natural flavors of tender Cornish hens.
Parmesan-Herb Cornish Hens
- Total Fat52 g
- Cholesterol347 mg
- Sodium550 mg
- Total Carbohydrate2 g
- Protein61 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoon seasoned dry breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Set up grill for indirect cooking: For gas grill, preheat all burners on high. Turn one burner off; place food over “off” burner. Reset remaining burner(s) to medium. Close lid. For charcoal grill, arrange hot coals around outer edge of grill; place disposable pan in open space; place food over open area. Close lid. Heat to medium.
- Rinse hens and pat dry. Lightly salt and pepper inside of hens. Secure wings to hens and tie legs together with string, if desired. Set aside.
- Blend Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, seasonings and onion powder in a small bowl. Rub hens with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan mixture, pressing lightly.
- Place hens (not touching) over indirect heat on grill. Grill hens, covered, 50 to 60 minutes or until done (internal temp 180ºF). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.