A simplified version of French steak au poivre, this recipe uses just cracked peppercorns, garlic, basil and oregano to enhance steak’s natural flavor.
Pepper Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
- Total Fat20 g
- Cholesterol141 mg
- Sodium104 mg
- Total Carbohydrate1 g
- Protein47 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 whole , well-trimmed (4 to 5-lbs.)
2 teaspoon mixed peppercorns, cracked
2 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine seasonings; press evenly onto trimmed tenderloin.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Roast, uncovered, 50 to 60 minutes for medium rare (internal temp 140°F) or 60 to 70 minutes for medium doneness (internal temp 150°F).
- Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F.)
- Carve roast into thick slices; season with salt to taste.