Melty cheese is still a big part of this version of the Philly cheesesteak that replaces steak with Grilled & Ready® chicken. Recipe inspired by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.
Philly-Style Chicken Melt
- Total Fat6 g
- Cholesterol65 mg
- Sodium1270 mg
- Total Carbohydrate28 g
- Protein31 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/3 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/3 cup onion, thinly sliced
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 salt, to taste
1 pepper, to taste
2 slices light bread
1 slice fat free American cheese
2 teaspoons light whipped butter, divided
- Prepare Grilled & Ready® chicken breast strips according to package directions. Set aside, keep warm.
- Bring a grill or skillet pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Top one bread slice with cheese, prepared chicken and cooked vegetables. Top with the other slice of bread.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of butter on the upward-facing slice of bread.
- Wipe pan, re-spray with nonstick spray and return to medium heat. Place sandwich in the pan, buttered side down.
- Carefully spread remaining 1 teaspoon of butter on the upward-facing slice of bread.
- Cook sandwich until hot and toasty, 1 to 2 minutes per side, flipping gently.