Tart, peppery juniper berries are the secret ingredient to this dish. Add them to maple syrup for a sweet glaze perfect for pork.
Pork Chops with Maple Syrup Glaze
- Total Fat54 g
- Cholesterol196 mg
- Sodium152 mg
- Total Carbohydrate16 g
- Protein56 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
6 , 1 1/4-inches thick
6 tablespoon maple syrup
4 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 shallots, thinly sliced
4 bay leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoon juniper berries, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- For marinade, combine 4 tablespoons maple syrup, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, shallots, bay leaves, juniper berries, sage, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the marinade over all surfaces of the chops. Place chops in shallow baking dish. Refrigerate chops 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Drain chops, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chops with salt to taste.
- Place chops on grill directly over coals. Cover and grill, turning once, 12 to 16 minutes or until chops are barely done (internal temp 155° F).
- Stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Brush chops with syrup mixture. Cover and grill 1 minute more.