Creamy, savory sauce covers tender chicken over soft, flaky biscuits. Simply Roasted Chicken Breast Chunks makes this recipe even easier to throw together.
Quick Biscuits a la King
- Total Fat36 g
- Cholesterol70 mg
- Sodium1240 mg
- Total Carbohydrate52 g
- Protein22 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 (9-ounce) package Simply Roasted Chicken Breast Chunks
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup celery, sliced
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves, dried
1-1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
4 ounces mushroom pieces and stems, drained
2 ounces pimentos, drained, diced
- Bake biscuits according to directions on can.
- While biscuits are baking, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. While stirring, add bell pepper and celery and cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour, bouillon and thyme, cook and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- While stirring constantly, gradually add milk, cooking until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in chicken, peas, mushrooms and pimientos. Cook until heated thorough.
- Split biscuits and serve chicken mixture over biscuit halves.