Add some sweetness to your stir fry-days with juicy pineapple and crisp red peppers. These Asian stand-by ingredients bring out the savory flavor of Simply Roasted Chicken Breast Chunks.
Quick Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
- Total Fat7 g
- Cholesterol50 mg
- Sodium860 mg
- Total Carbohydrate53 g
- Protein21 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 (9-ounce) package Simply Roasted Chicken Breast Chunks
2 cups rice
8 ounces pineapple chunks
3/4 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 medium carrots, julienne strips about 1 cup
6 ounces frozen pea pods
1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; combine with additional juice to make 1 1/4 cups. Mix juice, teriyaki sauce, cornstarch and brown sugar in bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir-fry carrots for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in juice mixture, pineapple, pea pods and red pepper. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Continue stirring 2 minutes more. Stir in chicken and heat through.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice.