Scooped-out fresh zucchini is filled with a mixture of chicken, quinoa, tomato, and mozzarella. A tasty appetizer that’s easy to make, and more fun to eat. Recipe provided by SheKnows
Quinoa and Chicken Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Total Fat11 g
- Cholesterol60 mg
- Sodium290 mg
- Total Carbohydrate12 g
- Protein29 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
3 zucchini, small
1/2 can quinoa, cooked
1/8 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup tomato, diced
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a small spoon or melon ball scoop, remove flesh from zucchini leaving a 1/4" thick shell.
- Chop 1/4 cup of zucchini pulp and place in a bowl. Add cooked quinoa, chicken, onion, tomato, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Divide chicken mixture into each zucchini boat. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Place zucchini boats into a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and zucchini is fully cooked.