Fragrant, fresh, and perfectly golden brown, this roasted bird will feed the entire family. Simple to prepare and your choice of Tyson® whole chicken sizes. Recipe entered in Sandwich Challenge by Kristy Bernardo.
- Total Fat14 g
- Cholesterol70 mg
- Sodium350 mg
- Total Carbohydrate0 g
- Protein20 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 salt and pepper
- Preheat oven and non-glass roasting pan to 275°F.
- Remove giblets from chicken; discard or reserve for use in stuffing or gravy.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Spray a cooking rack with nonstick cooking spray and place inside the hot roasting pan. Baste chicken on all sides with melted butter, then generously with salt and pepper. Carefully place chicken on its side on the cooking rack. (You can use small baking potatoes on either side of the chicken to keep it balanced. When the chicken is done, so are the potatoes!)
- Roast chicken for 20 minutes. Turn chicken to opposite side and cook 20 minutes. Finally, turn chicken so breast is facing up and cook and additional 20-30 minutes or until done (internal temp 180°F) and golden.
- Let chicken stand a few minutes before carving.