Making creamy, cheesy Alfredo sauce from scratch allows you to cut the calories. Using Grilled & Ready® chicken allows you to cut the time. Recipe provided by SheKnows.
Skinny Chicken Alfredo
- Total Fat15 g
- Cholesterol145 mg
- Sodium840 mg
- Total Carbohydrate64 g
- Protein50 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
12 ounces fettuccine pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup low fat milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions and drain.
- Prepare Grilled & Ready® Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast according to package directions. Set aside, keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add flour and whisk constantly for about 1 minute or until a paste is formed.
- Slowly add chicken broth and continue whisking until smooth. Slowly add milk, salt and pepper and continue whisking for another minute or until sauce has thickened.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir to combine until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Add prepared chicken, reduce heat to low and cook until chicken is heated through.
- Serve over a bed of fettuccine and sprinkle with parsley.