Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts with Winter Root Veggies
- Total Fat22 g
- Cholesterol155 mg
- Sodium950 mg
- Total Carbohydrate63 g
- Protein50 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
4 cup cups low sodium chicken stock
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 bay leaf
6 red potatoes, medium dice, about 3 cups
4 carrots medium diced, about 3 cups
4 parsnips, medium dice, about 3 cups
1 large leek, washed and cut into small dice, about 3 cups
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper, or to taste
- Heat oil and butter in slow cooker on highest temperature
- Add all of the vegetables, salt and pepper and cook for five minutes, stirring gently.
- Add wine, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf and enough stock to just cover the veggies.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and add to slow cooker, spooning the vegetables over them.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours at highest setting or 8 hours at lowest setting.