In this twist on mac and cheese, the chicken is slow cooked in a creamy cheddar sauce. Simply shred the chicken and toss with the prepared macaroni.
Slow Cooker Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Total Fat26 g
- Cholesterol100 mg
- Sodium650 mg
- Total Carbohydrate23 g
- Protein23 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 cups (15 ounces) cheddar cheese sauce
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
1 cup cooked vegetables like peas, broccoli, or red bell peppers (optional)
- Combine the frozen chicken, cheese sauce, and heavy cream in a 4 or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the chicken is done, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Strain and toss with a small amount of cooking oil.
- Use tongs or two forks to shred the chicken in the slow cooker into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the pasta to the slow cooker and stir until the pasta is coated in the cheese sauce. Chef Tip: Before adding the pasta, toss in your cooked vegetables of choice.