The rich fragrance of spices and melted cheese will fill your house with the flavors of the Southwest, while boneless skinless chicken breast adds tender savoriness. Be sure to save room for a second helping.
Southwest Chicken Casserole
- Total Fat28 g
- Cholesterol145 mg
- Sodium2000 mg
- Total Carbohydrate45 g
- Protein55 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1-1/2 pounds Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
12 corn tortillas, cut into 1" pieces
4 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
4 ounces green chilies, diced
1 can chili with beans
1 onion, diced
3/4 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan combine soups, broth, green chilies, onion, canned chili and salsa. Heat thoroughly for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and tortillas. Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake 45 minutes longer.