Italian seasoning adds a new layer of flavor and spice to this 20-minute traditional penne pasta dish. Adding chicken and Parmesan cheese makes it flavorful.
Spaghetti with Italian Chicken
- Total Fat11 g
- Cholesterol75 mg
- Sodium740 mg
- Total Carbohydrate60 g
- Protein39 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
6 , diced
1 box penne pasta, 16 oz.
2 tablespoon Italian seasoning, divided
1 salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
32 ounce marinara sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, set aside and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring often for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Add sauce and remaining seasoning. Heat 8-10 minutes, or until heated through and chicken is done.
- Add pasta to sauce and warm through. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese.