A bed of rice serves as the foundation for a mixture of Grilled & Ready® chicken and a blend of peppers, onions, apricots, capers and spices. Finalist in the 2014 Grilled & Ready® chicken Just Add This recipe contest.
Spanish-Style Chicken Peperonata
- Total Fat16 g
- Cholesterol70 mg
- Sodium720 mg
- Total Carbohydrate63 g
- Protein28 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium red bell peppers, sliced into 1/4" slices
1 medium orange pepper, sliced into 1/4" slices
1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
1/4 cup dried apricot, chopped
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1-1/2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
2 tablespoons capers, small size
1/4 cup almonds, slivered
4 cups yellow rice , cooked
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 Parmesan cheese, shavings
- Make peperonate sauce by warming olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat sauté peppers until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add onions, apricots, paprika, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes and cook for additional 3-4 minutes. Stir in vinegar, capers and slivered almonds and cook for an additional minute. Cover to keep warm.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Prepare chicken according to package directions.
- Divide rice among 4 plates. Slice Grilled & Ready® chicken fillets into strips and layer on top of rice. Add peperonate sauce and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese shavings.