Spicy Western Beef Steaks with Cowboy Beans
- Total Fat28 g
- Cholesterol167 mg
- Sodium943 mg
- Total Carbohydrate39 g
- Protein56 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
2 , cut 1-inch thick (about 2-lb.)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
4 tablespoon brown sugar, packed, divided
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can kidney beans, 15-oz., drained
1 can pinto beans, 15-oz., drained
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, water, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Refrigerate 3/4 cup for beans. Refrigerate 1/4 cup for basting. Cool remaining sauce.
- Place steaks and cooled sauce in resealable plastic bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- When ready to prepare dinner, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; remove from skillet, drain bacon on paper towels and then crumble. Discard all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic to skillet; cook 5 minutes. Stir in bacon, beans, 3/4 cup sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar; heat through. Keep warm.
- Preheat grill to medium. Remove steaks; discard marinade. Grill, uncovered and turning occasionally, 16 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness (internal temp 150°F to 160°F). Brush both sides with reserved 1/4 cup sauce during last 5 to 6 minutes.
- Trim and discard fat. Carve steaks into thin slices. Serve with beans.