Fresh spinach is combined with artichoke hearts, rich and creamy Alfredo sauce, hearty boneless skinless chicken and farfalle pasta. Garnish with shredded parmesan and chopped parsley.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Pasta Skillet Recipe
- Total Fat13 g
- Cholesterol65 mg
- Sodium830 mg
- Total Carbohydrate33 g
- Protein23 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons + 1/4 cup chicken stock
28-30 ounces (4 pieces) Individually Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Salt, to taste
Cracked black pepper, to taste
12 ounces farfalle pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
6 ounces fresh spinach
12 ounces jar marinated artichoke hearts
1 jar (16-22 ounces) Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta. Preheat an oven broiler with a rack 4-6 inches from the top of the oven.
- Combine the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of chicken stock in a large cast iron skillet. Add frozen chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook the chicken over medium heat. Cook for 20-30 minutes turning occasionally until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°F. Remove the chicken from pan and set aside on a cutting board. Once the chicken has cooled for 5 minutes, it can be sliced, diced, or shredded.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the pasta in the boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and toss with a small amount of olive oil.
- In the skillet used to cook the chicken, add 1/4 cup chicken stock and butter. Chef Tip: Spice up the dish by adding 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. Stir and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts into small, bite-sized pieces. Add the chopped artichoke hearts and Alfredo sauce to the skillet. Stir and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat. Remove the skillet from heat and top with the chicken and parmesan cheese.
- Carefully place the skillet in the oven below the broiler just until the cheese has melted and browned.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and garnish with the parsley.