Stuffed Chicken Relleno
- Total Fat11 g
- Cholesterol95 mg
- Sodium860 mg
- Total Carbohydrate23 g
- Protein39 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/2 cup Poblano pepper, roasted, seeded, diced
6 tablespoon jalapeno peppers, divided, seeded, diced
1 ear corn on the cob, roasted, kernals removed
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
15 ounce black beans, canned, drained, rinsed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup white onion, diced
3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2 cup salsa verde
- Combine Poblano peppers, 2 T. jalapenos, corn, cheese, beans, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. With a slender knife, cut a 3" pocket along the length of the thickest side of chicken. Stuff 1/5 of the mixture into the pocket and secure with toothpicks.
- Preheat an outdoor grill over a low heat. Place stuffed chicken breasts on the grill. Cover and grill for 45-50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 170°F. Turn chicken occasionally while grilling.
- Make Pico de Gallo by combining Roma tomatoes, white onion, 4 T. jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- Served stuffed chicken breasts topped with salsa verde and a side of prepared Pico de Gallo.