Take a trip to the Caribbean with brown sugar and thyme-rubbed pork chops, grilled to your liking, and enjoyed with a spicy and tangy salsa made with pineapple, cucumbers, jalapeno, mint, and brown sugar.
Tropical Island Pork Chops with Pineapple-Cucumber Salsa
- Total Fat26 g
- Cholesterol90 mg
- Sodium662 mg
- Total Carbohydrate4 g
- Protein40 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 can pineapple tidbits, 20 oz., drained
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
2 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
3 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon lime zest, freshly grated
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine pineapple, cucumbers, mint, jalapeño, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, ginger and lime juice in non-metallic bowl. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours.
- For rub, mix together 2 tablespoons brown sugar, lime zest, thyme, garlic and mustard in small bowl; spread evenly on all surfaces of Tyson® pork chops. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-hot. Place pork chops directly over heat. Cover and grill 8 minutes; turn and grill 7 minutes more or until done (internal temp 155°F).
- Serve pork chops with prepared salsa.