This Asian-inspired dish with red pepper flakes and chili sauce gives your chicken breast the kick in the mouth you want. Rice vinegar and a variety of vegetables only add to it. It’s intensity at its finest. Inspired by a recipe created by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.
WOWOWOW Kung Pao
- Total Fat5 g
- Cholesterol65 mg
- Sodium940 mg
- Total Carbohydrate21 g
- Protein24 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1-1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce, or to taste
3/4 cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
3/4 cup bell pepper, roughly chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup water chestnuts, drained and halved
1 tablespoon dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
1 red pepper flakes, to taste, optional
- Begin by making the sauce. In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and stir to dissolve. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and chili sauce. Mix well.
- Using a wok (or large skillet), prepare Grilled & Ready® chicken according to skillet directions. Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Spray wok with nonstick spray, place on medium-high heat and add mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, onion, garlic and 2 tablespoons of water. Cook and stir until mostly softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add prepared chicken, water chestnuts and peanuts to vegetables and raise heat to high.
- Stir sauce and add to wok. Add red pepper flakes, cook and stir until chicken is hot and sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.