Chicken marinated in a mixture of yogurt, lemon juice and cumin, then broiled alongside bell peppers. It’s a simple recipe with wonderfully complex tastes.
Yogurt Marinated Chicken Kabobs
- Total Fat13 g
- Cholesterol130 mg
- Sodium690 mg
- Total Carbohydrate12 g
- Protein40 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
6 Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 4-6 oz each
6 bell peppers, mixed colors
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
3 clove garlic, creamed (mashed to a paste)
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 dash cayenne pepper to taste
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Adjust oven rack so kabobs will be 6-8 inches from broiler. Pre-heat - broiler.
- Mix yogurt, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar and sea salt in a medium sized bowl. Divide and reserve one half to serve with kabobs.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and combine with marinade in non-reactive bowl, cover and refrigerate for one hour. Soak wooden skewers if using.
- Cut peppers into one-inch pieces. Toss peppers in olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Skewer chicken and peppers, alternating colors and arrange kabobs on a broiler safe pan.
- Broil kabobs 8 minutes, remove from broiler and spoon one tablespoon of reserved yogurt mixture over cooked sides of kabobs, turn and spoon another tablespoon of yogurt over the uncooked sides. Return to broiler for 5-8 minutes.
- Cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Bring remaining yogurt to a quick boil in a small pan. Drizzle over finished kabobs.