Baking meatballs in the oven cuts the fat content down without sacrificing flavor. Marinara sauce helps them go down smooth.
Zesty Meatball Sandwiches
- Total Fat26 g
- Cholesterol165 mg
- Sodium1081 mg
- Total Carbohydrate51 g
- Protein37 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/2 cup bread crumbs, soft
2 tablespoon yellow onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 onion, cut into thin strips
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1-1/4 cup pasta sauce, prepared
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
4 hoagie rolls, split
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 2-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on rack in broiler pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes to medium doneness (internal temp 160°F) or until no longer pink in center.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in large nonstick skillet over medium. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spaghetti sauce, basil and cooked meatballs; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve meatballs and sauce in rolls; sprinkle with cheese.