It’s easy to make these fun personal pot pies with Grilled & Ready® chicken. Just stuff pre-made egg roll wrappers, bake and enjoy! Recipe inspired by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.
Chicken Pot Pie Pockets
- Total Fat2 g
- Cholesterol45 mg
- Sodium550 mg
- Total Carbohydrate22 g
- Protein16 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 can cream of celery condensed soup, 98% fat free
2 cups mixed vegetables, frozen bite-sized
1 dash pepper, optional
12 egg roll wrappers, large square (found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket with other Asian items)
1 salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 teaspoon water and stir to dissolve.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix soup with cornstarch mixture.
- Break up frozen chicken and veggies and add to soup mixture. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On a large dry surface, lay out three egg roll wrappers. Set out a small bowl of water, dip your finger into it and run your finger along all of the wrapper edges. Repeat this as needed while preparing your pockets, to help keep them sealed.
- Starting about 1/2 inch from the bottom, place about 1/3 cup filling along the bottom half of each wrapper, leaving a 1/2-inch border on both sides.
- Fold the top half of each wrapper over, so that the top edge meets the bottom. The mixture should be completely encased with a 1/2-inch border on three sides.
- Dab each border with water and fold each inward about 1/4 inch to lightly seal all sides. Press firmly along the borders with the prongs of a fork to seal completely.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Using a large spatula, carefully transfer the pockets to the baking sheet.
- Repeat the entire process 3 more times, so you have 12 pockets on the baking sheet. Use an additional baking sheet, if needed.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.