Grilled & Ready® chicken pairs up with sweet fuji apple and savory onion and sage in a refreshingly tasty sandwich. Recipe inspired by Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien.
- Total Fat6 g
- Cholesterol65 mg
- Sodium1000 mg
- Total Carbohydrate30 g
- Protein28 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1/2 cup Fuji apple, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
2 dash ground sage
2 dash garlic powder
2 slice light bread
1 serving light spreadable Swiss cheese
1 teaspoon light whipped butter
- Prepare Grilled & Ready grilled chicken breast strips according to package directions. Set aside, keep warm.
- Clean skillet and spray with nonstick spray. Bring to medium heat and add apple, onion, sage and garlic powder. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Lay bread slices flat and evenly spread the upward-facing sides with cheese.
- Evenly top one slice with chicken and apple-onion mixture. Place the other bread slice on top with the cheese-covered side down. Press gently to seal.
- Clean skillet, re-spray and return to medium heat. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of butter on the upward-facing slice of bread.
- Place sandwich in the skillet with the buttered side down. Carefully spread the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter on the upward-facing bread slice.
- Cook sandwich until hot and toasty, 1 to 2 minutes per side, flipping gently. Allow to cool slightly before serving.