It’s called a classic for a reason. Tender thighs simmer in hot broth, surrounded by cooked vegetables. Perfect to dip a warm biscuit in.
Simple Chicken and Dumplings
- Total Fat17 g
- Cholesterol100 mg
- Sodium960 mg
- Total Carbohydrate14 g
- Protein30 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup carrot, diced
1-1/2 quart chicken broth
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup milk, 2%
1 can refrigerated biscuits, 10 oz
- Heat canola oil over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven; add celery and carrot, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and milk. Add to pot.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters. Drop into broth.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.