There’s nothing hard about making soft tacos. Boneless chicken thighs, your favorite taco fillings, a skillet and an oven are all you need.
Skillet Chicken Tacos
- Total Fat15 g
- Cholesterol70 mg
- Sodium800 mg
- Total Carbohydrate24 g
- Protein23 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 package taco seasoning mix, 1 1/4 oz., divided
1/3 cup water
6 flour tortillas, 6 inch
1/2 cup refried beans, canned
1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken in 1/2" pieces. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon taco seasoning onto chicken.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high and add seasoned chicken. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until done (internal temp 170°F).
- Stir water and remaining taco seasoning mix into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stirring occasionally, cook about 5 minutes or until very thick.
- Spread each tortilla with 2 tablespoons refried beans. Place one-fourth of the chicken mixture on half of each tortilla. Top with cheese. Fold tortillas over to cover chicken and cheese, pressing down gently.
- Place tacos on baking sheet. Spray tops with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 5 minutes or until hot and cheese melts.