A sweet and savory blend of spices, simmered with Tyson® Simply Roasted Chicken and veggies.
Haylie’s Thai Curry Chicken & Rice
- Total Fat33 g
- Cholesterol50 mg
- Sodium170 mg
- Total Carbohydrate33 g
- Protein23 g
- Information for this recipe is approximate and derived by calculations based upon supplier information and available reference data. These values may change based on your final product, substitution and or addition of ingredients, or use of a particular cooking technique.
1 cup rice
1 9-oz. bag Simply Roasted Chicken Breast Strips
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
1 cup chopped broccolini
1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
3 tablespoons red curry paste
2 teaspoons ground ginger (optional)
1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk
2-3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Lime wedges and sprigs of cilantro for garnish
1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce (optional)
1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
Mint leaves (optional)
- Prepare rice according to package instructions, set aside.
- In a medium cooking pot over medium heat, cook the chicken strips in olive oil for 4-6 minutes, turning every 2 minutes for even browning.
- Remove chicken from pot and chop into large chunks.
- Add garlic, carrot and broccolini to the pot and sauté 2-3 minutes until tender crisp, adding additional olive oil if needed.
- Then add the chopped chicken and chickpeas into the pot with the red curry paste, ground ginger, coconut milk, lime juice, salt, and cilantro. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken curry over cooked rice with an extra slice of lime, and sprig of cilantro for garnish.
- Tip: Feel free to swap carrots and broccolini for your favorite veggies!
- For added heat and flavor, top the finished product with 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce and garnish with jalapeño slices and mint leaves.